"I'm not in it for the money. I'm not in it for the accolades. I'm in it because it is RIGHT."
--John Kuhn, Superintendent of Perrin-Whitt School District in Texas

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Podcast: Chew on This

Come view the podcast for The Science People on Chew on This.

Belated thoughts on podcasting below:

I really was impressed by what podcasting allows you to do. I really liked the idea of using it not necessarily to record the entire discussion but instead as a means for us to bring together our thoughts into one coherent whole and put them forth along with our ideas on "what now" for teachers and the book. I definitely think that - with my new (to me) classroom computers this year - I will be using podcasting as a means for my students to do what we did with our literature circle on Chew on This.

Of course, there are lots of other ways to use podcasting as well. Radio shows, audio newsletters, lab narratives, lecture notes for students who missed class, songs written by students about the material - the list goes on and on. I don't know that I'll get to all of them this year - trying to right off the bat would just be way too overwhelming - but I am excited and intrigued by all the possibilities.

Also, in EDTP 504 we made a podcast about podcasting - we brainstormed about some great ideas...and it is also quite humorous.

No comments: